What We Do
The English Shepherd Breed Conservancy (ESBC) aims to protect and promote breed health through scientific research and education. Our team of advisors includes geneticists, veterinarians, and university-based researchers. Their expertise enables us to study health and genetic risks facing the breed and to find solutions that protect the health of the dogs we love. The English Shepherd Breed Conservancy exists because we love English Shepherds and believe scientific research will protect their future. If you share our interest and would like to support our work or volunteer, we would love to hear from you!
How ESBC Operates
- Our volunteer Board of Directors ~
Kris Hazelbaker; Carla Green, PhD, MPH; Mary Peaslee, MD, MPH; Annalisa Regenfuss
- Embark Vet
- Jessica Hekman, DVM, PhD and Animal Health Advice
- The Institute for Canine Biology and Carol Beuchat, PhD
- The Australian Shepherd Health and Genetics Institute
- The Versatile English Shepherd Association
- The English Shepherd Club
- The Canine Diversity Project
Illustration to left is from ‘Home Words for Heart & Hearth’ ed. Rev. Charles Bullock, publ. 1884 by Home Words Publishing.
A fund-raising collie dog named “Help” (with his trainer) who famously collected subscriptions for the Railway Servants’ Orphans Fund.
© 2018 English Shepherd Breed Conservancy